Terms and Conditions
By registering your child to play for the North Shore Stars, parents/guardians of players understand that it is your responsibility to keep the team leaders advised of any changes in medical information as soon as possible and that in the event no one can be contacted, team personnel will admit the player to the hospital if deemed necessary. Completion of the online medical information, including the medical release, authorizes the North Shore Stars Volleyball Club leaders to authorize appropriate emergency medical attention as determined by the physician.
Waiver, release and indemnity agreement
Parents must acknowledge receipt and understanding of the club Waiver, Release & Indemnity Agreement when they register their child or sign a printed waiver before participating. The document reads as follows:
In consideration of my child trying out for and/or becoming a member of the North Shore Stars Volleyball Club (the "Stars Club"), I (parent or guardian of player), hereby agree as follows:
1. My child and I are aware of that there are inherent risks and potentially serious consequences associated with participation on sports teams, including participation in tryouts, which may include but are not limited to the potential for serious injury and even death.
2. On behalf of my child and on my own behalf, I hereby accept and assume all risks associated with participation on any team of the Stars Club, or in any event organized by the Stars Club, including tryouts, training programs at designated fitness clubs, fundraising events, tournaments, practices, and travel to local and out of town tournaments ("Club Activities"), including but not limited to risks of personal injury, death, property damage or any other loss whatsoever ("Damage").
3. I hereby release the Stars Club and its directors, officers, staff, agents, coaches, managers, volunteers, agents and sponsors ("Club Affiliates") from any claims, demands, damages, causes of action, costs, and legal proceedings of any kind or nature whatsoever related in any way to my child's participation in Club Activities, including without limitation on account of any Damage due to any act or omission whatsoever, including but not limited to negligence, or breach of any statutory or other duty of care on the part of the Stars Club or any of the Club Affiliates ("Claims").
4. I hereby agree to fully indemnify and hold harmless the Stars Club and all Club Affiliates from any Claims.
5. I also authorize the Stars Club and any of the Club Affiliates to provide or seek the assistance of others in providing emergency care to my child in the event of illness or injury.
6. I have read and understood this Waiver, Release & Indemnity Agreement prior to its signing and I freely and voluntarily sign it.
Players consent to publishing their photograph, unless requested otherwise. No identifying information will be used.
General terms and conditions
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).